Thursday, July 11, 2013

Doing


The Mandeni and Manna Park mountain bike loops are within a 5 minute ride from my house. They are really interesting trails, not the greatest I have ridden but far from the worst. A while ago I began doing some simple trail maintenance on these my local trails. Met a couple of people on the trails and thought it would be a good idea to get some kind of group together, for rides and he odd day working on the trail. Part of this is for purely selfish reasons, I want to improve the trails and need help doing it!

Part is to create a sense of community. I like mountain bikers, they are a friendly bunch and although I love heading out on my own, riding with people and chatting bikes and sharing those little moments are fantastic.

So I did, a Facebook page is up (Mandeni Manna Park Mountain Biking) we have started weekly Saturday rides and a monthly 'girls' ride is on this Sunday. I have some plans for the future too!

Funny how easy things can end up being once you decide to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment